Thursday, September 25, 2014

Creating Your Own Paperback Cover

As an artist I have been determined to create my own cover for my new paperback due out soon using my own images. But not being very technical it has taken a lot of time and research to find a way I could do this.

The company through whom I publish enables you to download a template and yes I did that but then I was stuck. What next? It sat on my image software and all of the buttons I clicked did nothing.

It was time for more internet research. Another template downloaded and more frustration at my general lack of knowledge in this area of expertise.

Finally when I was about to give up and admit the task was beyond me I struck gold and discovered Book Cover Pro who actually had software I could fathom.

Today have just downloaded my new cover to my publisher and have my fingers crossed I have met all the required specifications.

Am now hopeful with my new software will soon be producing professional covers for any future paperbacks.

No comments: