Monday, September 29, 2014

The Healing Power of Writing

From the ongoing peace of a simple sustainable lifestyle it has been a powerful journey to revisit the novels I wrote in the eighties and nineties.

As the characters in each novel struggle with the confused values of their decades I understand now why I needed to pen their confusion and find resolution for my own inner peace.

From the renewed health and balance I now find in a simple sustainable lifestyle I look back from the distance of time with compassion and empathy for my confused and naughty characters.

These characters lives are so far removed from my own current aspirations yet in those decades their worlds were the places in which I was looking to find happiness and within a voice was really struggling.

I hope all who read Contrite Hearts and Redemption Towers will enjoy the books resolutions and find the same compassion in their hearts for those confused decades that I have now found.

No comments: