Saturday, October 25, 2014

The Seeds to Write Lie Deep Within Us All

The seeds to write lie deep within us all, awakened by need or by circumstance.

My two published novels were both written at different times in my life when the need was great.

Reading them and reworking them for publication has allowed memories to linger from these different periods of my life.

Seeing the vulnerability of my characters assisted me to have compassion for myself and the person I was in these years.

Searching my artworks I found the image above that had the same resonance as Contrite Hearts, the excitement of the city night, the plentiful colorful lights and the hidden darkness.

I am pleased now I sat down and wrote during those times and that the echoes of those years now live for others to share.

No comments: